This is a great advancement for Google Docs & Spreadsheets as they finally rolled out one of the most lacked feature -- charts. Besides, here are some new features from Google Docs & Spreadsheets Blog:
- Named ranges: you can define a name for a range of cells, and use this name in formulas to refer to cells, for example write =sum(expenses) instead of =sum(c12:e17). This helps make calculation logic clearer to write and understand. Check it out under the "Formulas" tab.
- Cell comments: Attach comments to individual cells, great for additional information or for collaboration on a single cell.
- Bi-directional text: The ability to properly view and edit text in right-to-left languages like Hebrew. This is very important for our local community here in Israel.
- A quick way to duplicate a sheet.
- A new right-click option to search the web for the text in a cell.