Google is pushing Google Checkout really hard and wants to get as much merchants as possible, after the extending the free transaction period till end of 2007, it launched the Google Checkout Merchant Referral Program which encourages developers, e-commerce providers, web designers, or any other businesses or individuals that maintains relationships with online merchants to introduce Google Checkout to their customers. Here is how you get paid for every merchant you refer:
- For one year, you will earn 0.5% of all Google Checkout sales processed by the merchants you refer.
- You will earn an additional $25 for each merchant you refer in one year that processes at least $500 in sales and 3 transactions with Checkout.
For e-commerce providers who provide online shopping cart services:
- Earn $1000 for a Google Checkout Level 1 integration
- An additional $2500 for a Level 2 integration.
- Gain free marketing exposure and reach new merchants looking to integrate Checkout into their websites with placement on the Google Checkout E-Commerce Partner Page.